Kitchen garden recipes
Recipes from our kitchen garden program for you to make and enjoy.
These recipes have been contributed by Westgarth Primary kitchen garden specialist Betty Vassiliou and noted food expert Stephanie Alexander.
These recipes are part of Westgarth Primary's kitchen garden program.
- Leafy salad - This simple and tasty dish uses salad leaves and herbs from the garden.
- Rosemary foccacia
- Apple and Rhubarb Crumble
- Mushroom and rosemary risotto
- Caramelised pear tarts with raspberry cream
- Chocolate and beetroot muffins - This Stephanie Alexander recipe uses beetroot from the garden.
- Couscous salad
- Fettuccine pasta with asparagus and snow peas
- Basic pasta dough
- Broccoli and herb frittata
- Pumpkin and potato gnocchi with parsley pesto and butter
- Orange and cardamom cakes with cream cheese icing - A delicious Stephanie Alexander recipe.
- Spring vegetable Nasi Goreng
- Oven baked apples with ricotta and sultanas
- Grilled pear and thyme salad with spinach and mustard leaves
- Oven roasted potato and kale gratin
- Red lentil dahl with broccoli and cauliflower, served with warm pitta bread
- Sweet pizza with caramelised pears, chocolate and mascapone, drizzled with quince jelly
- Beetroot and sweet potato salad with marinated fetta
- Broad bean and artichoke stew - This stew uses artichokes, broad beans, fennel, onions and parsley from the garden.